Solar - Terrestrial Data

Thursday, May 06, 2010

In the meantime in Korsholm-Mustasaari...

It is getting hectic here and I feel a little stressed now, a lot of work and our new kitchen will arrive this weekend so the old furniture has to be completely dismounted and moved out of the way before Sunday! Phew...!

Our dear old blogger friend Val at http://vereeniging.blogspot.com/ came to visit Finland last weekend and we enjoyed a couple of days in her company and that was an excellent break in our self occupied and stressed out life this very moment.

The spring is arriving very slowly, it is bitter cold at nights but we get a lot of sunshine in between and some early flowers are popping up.


In the meantime I'll will try to follow the instructions printed on that bottle above, I think it would work even better if I filled it up with brandy or something...


Though we had some trouble getting out of London when we went there, we have made up our mind to go back and cross the street above (among other tings to do) as soon as possible! In between we will perhaps go to see some barges in Rotterdam... ;)

7 comments:

E.L. Wisty said...

I think the barges in Rotterdam might be the first thing to see for me when the financial situation allows travelling :-)

A lovely portrait of dear Val there!

Spring is finally getting to full bloom here as well, though with careful steps still: a bright bright day today, the sort of blaring brightness I always imagine you only get here in the north, but cold wind.

grace said...

Lovely photo of Val.

Good luck with your kitchen, what a big job having to move all the furniture. But think if the end result!!

stay calm. xo

Vallypee said...

Haha, Hans, I'm so glad I distracted you from your labours in your kitchen. I must say it looked perfect to me already, but then you'll see what I mean when you come and visit those barges in Rotterda...notice I say WHEN, and not IF ;-)

I had such a wonderful time with you and Ingela. I still can't thank you enough for your generous kindness.

Dale said...

What a great photo of Val, Hans!
Good luck with your kitchen - aside from the momentary inconvenience, it will be a welcome change, I'm sure.
We've had some cold nights here, too, north of the 49th parallel and the fire's been lit morning and evening.
And I love your version of Abbey Road!

xx

Hans said...

Thanks for your lovely comments, I'm really busy for the moment being, the new stuff arrived yesterday and I have o move out the reaining stuff and do some preparations for the carpenters today. They will arrive tomorrow at 8 AM. By Wednesday their work will be completed and I will do the electricity and plumbing work. By next weekend we will be upp and running at full strenght. :)

Rotterdam will be on top of our itinerary for the future, it is not a matter of "if" anymore, it is more a matter of "when"... :)

Regarding spring it seems stalled at least for a few days more, today i is raining and +7 C but from Wednesday onwards it will improve rapidely and next Friday we will get +20 and sunshine here if the GFS-prediction is right. It usually is.

Vallypee said...

It's dropped down to around 4 degrees here this evening. Brrrrr! I do hope spring and summer will get here properly soon.Looking forward to your visit already! Maria's too!

Hans said...

Oh my, 4 degrees sounds awful! We are soon approaching +10 C today but we will have some rain tonight and tomorrow. After that we will reach +15 C on Thursday and maybe +20 during the weekend! Yee-Haw!

Have to save some money before next trip. The last trip dug a very deep hole in our economy because of that damned Eyafjallajoekul which is still spewing ash and causing interruptions... :(

 
Click to get your own widget