Solar - Terrestrial Data

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The winter strikes back and other backlashes

This week started out very rainy and suddenly on Tuesday evening the temperature suddenly dropped several degrees below the freezing point while the raining continued. On Wednesday morning the nature looked like in this photo I nicked from Ingelas' blog


In the evening snow started to fall and this morning when I went to job, our surroundings looked like this picture I have "borrowed" from a traffic information camera close to here


My audio-project ( my wallet to be more exact...) suffered a drawback recently when my intentions to roll my own audio output transformer went down the drain because I would have gone nuts having to wind several thousands of turns of very thin enameled copper wire by hand and having to keep a very exact account of each turn and were to locate them in order to not create unbalance, risk for short circuits etc. and there were no electrical machine repair-shop close by who would have done it for me to a decent cost.
But then I found this site on the web:
http://www.roehrenendstufen.de/
and Herr Ritter rolled a completely brand new transformer for me to my own specifications to a very decent price! All you audio enthusiasts in Europe, Herr Ritter is THE source for all kind of transformers and a lot of other stuff needed when building amplifiers.
Another little drawback is that I found out that my transmitter tube found in my junkbox will not deliver more than 60 - 70 W in audio operation with a decent level of distortion but that won't disturb me much :)
I could go into discussions of operating classes A, B, AB1 and AB2 here to tell you why, but I would go even more boring than usual...

10 comments:

alegni said...

hm... your wallet is my wallet and vice versa ;)

Hans said...

...yes well... and how is your brand new mobile-phone working?

alegni said...

can't complain ;)

Hans said...

And yer new camera?

grace said...

ooh, that looks cold! Our weather was hot this weekend, a little summer weather tease.

Hans said...

Yes Grace, and on Sunday we got even more snow!
Today Wednesday it is really warm, several degrees above the freezing point, but there are cold nights ahead from the upcoming wekeend and onwards. The spring has NOT sprung...

alegni said...

can't complain ;)

Hans said...

I Cant't Explain...

Tink said...

Hi Hans!
Thanks for stopping by and imparting your Potato Wisdom!

Potato farmer, Wholigan, Mr. Electronics. Sounds like you've had an Amazing Journey yourself. The photos you have here are very pretty.

Hoping that Spring will ... well.. spring very soon! It was 70 degrees here in the Midwest, USA. Sunny, warm, beautiful. Rain and cooler weather is coming back tomorrow, I'm afraid. The old saying is "April showers bring May flowers." So, can't complain!

Take good care, Hans!

xo Tink

Hans said...

Thanks Tink,
Yes well I'm lurking around in this neighboruhood of Wholigans who were connected here by Pete's blogging in "The Good Old Days" :)
You never know where I'll pop-up...

The most of the photos here are really nicked from my wife Ingelas' blog but some ( most of the technical stuff ) are my own.

The weather has been improving the last few days, the sun is shining now and the temperature rises to several degrees above the freezing point in the afternoons but the nights are bitterly cold. The snow has slowly disappeared though.

 
Click to get your own widget