Solar - Terrestrial Data

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

continued: summer 07

A helicopter-view of the area where we travel by boat to our summerhouse. In the foreground you see the marina of Björkö where our dinghy is moored. This picture is on the front cover of the application for inclusion in the World heritage List.
Photo by Arto Hämäläinen / Geonat Project
More information regarding Kvarken can be found here:
http://www.kvarkenguide.org/mainen.html
Choose "Björkö Archipelago" from the drop-down list.






Late in the evening at our summer house






Calm sea






The beacon at Svartbådan






Sunset






Approaching Svedjehamn






A basinful of perch (Perca Fluviatilis) The most common fish in the waters surrounding our summerhouse






The pot of gold is in our garden shed but please don't tell anyone...





Most of the pictures are of course taken by Ingela

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Hi Hans,
as I looked at your photos and have also seen many from Maria, I can't but feel that Finland and Canada share much in common with their landscapes. You could pass them off as local pictures here.

-AM

Hans said...

Hi Anne-Marie
Yes that's right! I used to visit Ontario CA because of my work some years ago. I immediately felt at home in some funny way. The place where I stayed was Guelph, some 50 miles from Toronto.
I think I would be even more at home in Labrador or New Founland :)

 
Click to get your own widget