Solar - Terrestrial Data

Friday, December 21, 2012

Winter Solstice

It is Winter Solstice today at 12:11 pm local time. I went outside to catch a photo of the sun at 12:11 pm despite the - 17 C outside.


This is as high as it rises in the sky at noon at our latitude. We have some 4 1/2 hours of daylight here today.


Another view from our backyard above. We have approx. two feet of snow now and our Christmas is going to be as white as it possibly can get.

By the way, I´m going to retire the 30th of December, in fact I have spent the last month at home consuming away my last amount of earned winter and summer vacations so I have slowly got used to spending my days as a free man. :)



2 comments:

grace said...

You will have one very White Christmas, that's for sure.

Congrats on being a free man....that must feel magnificent!

Happy Holidays

Vallypee said...

Ha, Hans, and I missed one of your rare posts too! I hope you are enjoying retirement already! Funny that you say that you haven't been inspired to write or read blogs since you retired! That must mean you are much too busy doing other things, which is great!! Happy new year to you both and to the boys too, of course :-)

 
Click to get your own widget