Solar - Terrestrial Data

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

When I'm 63...

It is my birthday today. I'm going to retire this year, at the age of 63. November 21 I will clean my desk and walk out of the office.



Here I am making a Key Lime Pie for my birthday. I nicked the photo from Ingela's Instagram page here:
http://statigr.am/p/307900087261264610_180875317

By the way, "Key Lime Pie" was also the name of a Camper Van Beethoven album from 1989:




I have not planned much for my future, I will for sure pick up some of my hobbies like HAM-radio and amplifier building with ancient thermionic tube technology, I will be around assisting Ingela, houscleaning and repairing stuff and then we will do a lot more traveling.

We went here in the end of August to celebrate Ingela's 50th birthday and we will for sure go again:


Who knows, maybe we will go elsewhere in Europe, too. You never know... ;)

And this very interesting book arrived some days in advance:



5 comments:

alegni said...

Happy, happy birthday, my love! I am really looking forward to our new life!

grace said...

Happy birthday, you are young and retirement holds many exciting things. :)

Oh and the book, oh yes it is close by my side since it has arrived.

I hope you enjoyed your Key Lime Pie. And many happy returns for many happy days ahead. Enjoy!!!

Hans said...

Thanks Grace! I tried to read the book in a controlled manner but it seems that I'm gobbling it up at full speed... :)

grace said...

I understand!! I just ordered the audio, so I have the option of listening while driving.

Vallypee said...

I know this is old, but I missed it. I hope you are enjoying your retirement, Hans and doing the things you wanted to d. I see from FB that the traveling has started. I miss you in blogland though.

 
Click to get your own widget