Solar - Terrestrial Data

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Update:

Yes, I'm alive and well but seriously occupied for the moment. I've been excavating a part of our garden and built a foundation for a greenhouse to be completed next spring. The major ingredients in this project is a lot of old windows that were scrapped and stored in the woodshed when the house where I grew up was renovated 1967.
Take a look at Ingelas' blog of today 9.28
http://alegniinoffice.blogspot.com/2010/09/vad-hander-i-potatislandet.html

Hans

5 comments:

grace said...

the pictures show you are very busy. Oh wonderful to be using the windows from the house you grew up in.
I like the cement heart :).

Dale said...

You have indeed been very busy, Hans! Is it the sills from the windows you are using to frame the greenhouse and as forms for the concrete?
I suppose you would like this done before the snow flies, so it is ready for when the snow departs.

Nothing like love set in stone!

Hans said...

The form for the concrete was built out of leftover bits of suitable sizes from my sunroof project a couple of years ago, the frame will be built of impregnated 2x2" and 2x4" wood I bought a while ago.

The windows are really old glass, I guess the glass is blown as they used to do back then, in wooden frames from the time before the first world war!
The problem is that those glasses and their frames are not standard dimensions and there are several different sizes, height- and widthwise...
I have been sitting and calculating and making layouts to find out how to use them in the most efficient way :)
I will try to get the structural work done this autumn, clean the windows and put a layer of new paint on the frames during the winter and assemble the whole thing in May next year.
I will post some pictures of the progress here soon

Dale said...

It sounds like creative fun, Hans!

E.L. Wisty said...

This sounds like a really creative and fun project, Hans! Plus I see done with a lot of recycling, which is definitely commendable.

 
Click to get your own widget