Solar - Terrestrial Data

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tax return time... blaaaah...

My favourite pastime, not! But it has to be done every spring and of course I'm procrastinating until the very last day. But not this year, Ingela has kicked my butt several weekends now so I finally caved in...
Anyway the result was pleasing, we are going to receive some refunds later this year! Will be very much needed because we are going on a trip to London, doing a total makeover of our kitchen and a total makeover of the ceilings in our hall, living room and kitchen. I started the ceiling project yesterday.

Signs of spring to be seen here lately, we had a thaw for two days in a row and the blanket of snow shrunk some 10 cm. Now it is chilly during the nights but nice sunshine in the daytime rising the temperature close to 0 C.



5 comments:

alegni said...

thanks for doing my paper work, honey :)

grace said...

Ugh, tax time!! I usually wait until the last minute aswell, but I decided to get it done on time this year. Glad you guys are receiving some refunds, those are very exciting projects you have planned, and of course the trip to London.
Also, I am glad you are seeing sunshine and it has warmed up some, 32 F is not bad. I shall send some of our spring weather your way....we are in the 70's/F this week.

Hans said...

Thanks Grace, your spring weather got lost on its way over here though, the thermometer was down to -20.5 C this morning :(

Vallypee said...

Ah Hans, I have a friendly bookkeeper to do mine. As a freelancer and self employed person, it's a legitimate tax deductible expense and I'm hopeless with numbers anyway.

I hope the temperature rises bit more before I get there!

Hans said...

Hi Val, it seems that I'm playing the part as "the friendly bookkeeper" here :)
Ingela is a self employed translator and her yearly invoicing is not of the magnitude that would ask for a double entry bookkeeping so the bookkeeping is quite simple, it is just a notebook kept in Microsoft Excel provided with some formulas for VAT etc. and a summary sheet from where everything kan be copied into the tax-report.
Me myself is the owner of a piece of land and forest and any income from that has to be reported in very much the same manner but some extra rules added.
On top of that I'm employed by the ABB-company and that is another report but to a great extent automated nowadays.
The temperature has changed for the better since this original blog and we have seen temperatures up to + 8 C lately!
Hans

 
Click to get your own widget