Solar - Terrestrial Data

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Changes



My mom, Dina, is seriously ill and hospitalised since the end of April this year. The photo above is 1 1/2 year old and taken the day she turned 87.
She has struggled with cancer since 1993, it started with cancer in the bladder and she went through a bladder removal with a urostomy in 1996, after that they have removed melanomas from her forehead and she got her right breast removed in 2006.
The last six months her health has deteriorated and the results from several tests show that a lot of indicators for cancer are severely elevated but she denied any kind of agressive treatment, no operations, no drugs, no nothing at this stage. She just want to leave this life in peace and takes only pain killing shots. She is fading away day by day.
Her house out in the archipelago is empty and cold now and it gives me an odd feeling to think about that she won't go back there anymore.

4 comments:

Annette said...

I'm so sorry. My dad passed away two and a half years ago; my heart really does go out to you and your mom. I wish you nothing but love in your remaining time with her.

grace said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
My Mom, too, decided after battling cancer, not to receive any more treatment in 2001.
Enjoy all of your time with your Mom. Every moment.

xo

Hans said...

Thank you guys for your nice words. This situation has been developing for several months now and I have slowly got used to it and when she is gone, it will not come as a great big shock to me only a great void that will slowly be filled with nice memories. She was very weak and tired yesterday evening and fell asleep while we tried to talk to eachoter. Then she suddenly woke and asked "Did it happen now?" I answered, no, nothing happened, you just fell asleep, the she answered "Of course, nothing happened, otherwise you wouldn't be here". She apparently briefly crossed the border but came back...
I'm now just waiting for the phone-call that means that the end is near, for real.

grace said...

My Mom did the same thing, same sort of dialogue, I think she crossed over, came back...I think it is the persons will, they do have a say when they are ready.

Time will slowly fill you with all the wonderful happy memories of your times together. It takes time.

thinking of you. xo

 
Click to get your own widget