Solar - Terrestrial Data

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Who came first?


Haahaa..! I just found a way to relate the headline of my blog to another Pete Townshend product :)
The question "who came first?" is relevant to the project I told you about in my last blog. So here we go: who came first, the hen or the egg? Building a guitar amplifier without a speaker-cabinet is not really a bright idea... Well, the amplifier project is rolling on its own path, still looking for an affordable output transformer because my attempt to roll my own stalled. In the meantime it just hit me I will have to get a speaker cabinet as well. So which one is the hen and which is the egg? Both are needed but which one to build first? I went for the cabinet. 4 x 12" it is gonna be. I found those beauties in the picture in a webshop on eBay.de and the price was perfect. I ordered them at once. Bass-midrange speakers 40 to 7000 Hz at 100W RMS each. Fetch your earplugs folks...

6 comments:

alegni said...

Luckily, the ear plugs we got at Hartwall Arena last summer are still unused :)

Hans said...

Lollers!

alegni said...

which means you haven't been snoring that much lately ;)

Suesjoy said...

Wow I have no idea what you are talking about Hans, but good luck and I hope your speakers sound awesome!

I am married to a lazy old engineer...
ok he's not lazy. But he is old and he IS an (electrical) engineer!

Take care!
Sue

Hans said...

Sue, sometimes I don't even know myself! See? Pete again :)
Yeah 4x12" will beat Townshends Fender Vibro King, there are ony 3x10" :)
Send my regards to your electrical engineer in-house. My job in the real world is as a designer of large power transformers, really BIG ones!

Vallypee said...

This sounds like some project Hans! Sounds being the operative word! I'm impressed and as your wife says, get the ear plugs out everyone!

 
Click to get your own widget