Solar - Terrestrial Data

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I am back.

Back to work, that means. My left arm should be ok they told me and sent me back into office. Well, it looks fine to the naked eye but it really dont work that way at all... :)
I have to live with the fact that I have to excercise it for months to come, in order to build up the muscles and retrieve the flexibility. Maybe it would never be as flexible again as before the accident. My left biceps has deteriorated into something like Rachel Fullers "Bingo wings" and is hanging down on the wrong side of the arm.
Looks quite silly...
Well, the next week I am allowed to start lifting heavy stuff and throwing things so I think I will be in shape for some windsurfing in the summer.
It seems that the spring is arriving here soon because the temperature outside is now reaching the level it usually reaches in the middle of April. I hope we won´t have the usual backlash we often see with blizzards and temperature dropping down to -15 C in the end of April.
Take care!

Hans

2 comments:

E.L. Wisty said...

It's good to have a song quote for every purpose, eh? :-)

Anyway, good luck and best of success for getting the arm in working order!

Maria

Hans said...

Exactly! :)

Let´s see if anybody else can find the (slightly modified) quotation.

I will do my very best and now I can really feel progress from day to day. Have to go and buy some elbow and knee-protectors from the sports-shop to protect this from happening again. It seems that the preparation of bike- and light-trafficlanes is deteriorating from winter-season to winter-season here in this district and soon you have to dress yourself in a space-suit in order to not smash any part of yourself up while biking in winter.

Hans

 
Click to get your own widget